This job posting is no longer active.
Since our founding in 1999, Golf Town Limited has grown to become Canada's golf superstore. With stores across Canada, we have everything you need to play your very best.
We want you! Golf town is looking for a driven Assistant Store Manager that is passionate about golf, leadership and serving others. This role is responsible for driving sales, profitability and customer service in our stores by developing a customer centric selling culture and fostering company values as well as driving operational functions within a department.
Description of the role
Key responsibilities as an Assistant Store Manager
Drive Sales and Exception Customer Service
- Build a strong sales culture within the store through leadership and coaching on the link between service behaviors and sales results and overall sales techniques
- Achieve customer experience expectations through training product knowledge, customer service and suggestive selling techniques
- Lead customer service and sales activities within an assigned department(s)
Leadership & Team Development
- Support in recruiting training and developing high performing Managers and Sales Associates
- Communicate goals and provide leadership inspiring commitment to company objectives and values through performance based coaching.
- Increase department sales through ongoing training and coaching to Sales Associates on suggestive selling techniques
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve sales, margins by department, and conversion rate.
- Ensure store appearance and visual standards / are consistent with the company's brand.
- Foster knowledge and integrity to compliance with company policy in all practices.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Keen interest in golf and regularly keeping up to date with market trends and new innovations in golf retail
- Affinity for luxury golf equipment, fashion and accessories
- Minimum of 3 years in a retail supervisory role
- Previous experience in a Pro Shop (regripping, reshafting and club adjustments) is an asset.
- A college diploma, Golf Management is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
This will make you stand out as an Assistant Store Manager
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
- Golf town is looking for a sales associate that is passionate about golf, golf equipment and sharing this with others
- A dynamic environment built on a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
- Competitive compensation including bonus, benefits and vacation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.