This job posting is no longer active.
We're looking for people who want to put their passions to work.
Come live, play and breathe with us at Canada's golf superstore - a place where we do anything for golf.
Department Store Manager - Soft Goods
Golf Town is looking for a driven Department Store Manager that is passionate about golf, leadership and serving others. This role is responsible for driving exceptional customer service, sales and operational functions within the Soft Goods department of the store.
What you will do
Customer Service & Sales
- Offer customers the highest level of service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance
- Lead customers through a sales experience through your knowledge of the game, apparel, accessories and Golf Town vendor product lines
Leadership & Team Development
- Support in the recruitment and selection of Sales Associates
- Assist in training of sales, customer service, merchandising, product knowledge and operations
- Participate in performance management of employees such as disciplinary procedures and annual reviews
- Increase department sales through ongoing training and coaching to Sales Associates on suggestive selling techniques
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program and execute on all associated responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention and cash handling procedures
What you offer
- Keen interest in golf and regularly keeping up to date with market trends and new innovations in golf retail
- Affinity for luxury golf equipment, apparel and accessories
- 1 - 3 years of retail experience
- Previous experience in a retail supervisory and merchandise planning role is an asset
- A college diploma, Golf Management is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to lift 25lbs
Who you are
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
What we provide
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
- Competitive compensation including bonus, benefits and vacation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional development opportunities
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.