This job posting is no longer active.
We're looking for people who want to put their passions to work.
Come live, play and breathe with us at Canada's golf superstore - a place where we do anything for golf.
As an Associate Buyer, you will be responsible for supporting the Buyer by managing and allocating inventory at the store level. The Associate Buyer must get the right product to the right store at the right time.
- Responsible for allocation of inventory of key product categories for retail and online
- Provide support with building merchandise assortment and allocation strategies that generate high sales, profit and inventory turnover by store
- Identify unproductive inventories and works with merchants and the sales channels to sell through these inventories in a timely manner
- Work with Merchandise Planner to ensure proper in-stock levels, balancing store sales to inventory ratio's
- Assist in the development, coordination and review of merchandise assortments by door/network
- Collaborate with the store, buyer and planning teams on the implementation of assortment, allocation, space and replenishment strategies
Analysis and Reporting
- Create monthly vendor scorecards
- Create reports to analyze sales, margin, and inventory along with SKU maintenance to support category initiatives at the store level
- Review and track marketing/merchandising promotional activity to ensure compliance to relevant pricing and advertising legislation;
- Facilitate OSP compliance audit every 6-12 months.
- New store planning - product execution, process paperwork to execute plan, coordinate product and acquire supporting product needs
- Monitors designated replenishment styles by store
- Promotion set-up in and testing in Retail Pro, along with communication to the stores through the weekly creation of the promotion template that is posted on the Intranet
- Ensure all price changes are complete/accurate and promotions accounted for prior to the start of the weekly promotion period
- Assist stores with questions related to price changes/receiving/promotions.
What you offer
- Post-secondary education (University preferred) with a focus on retail, marketing or finance
- 3-5 years' work experience in retail planning, buying or merchandising
- Business knowledge of retail inventory management, merchandising concepts and operations
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Detailed orientated with a sense of urgency to follow-up
- Ability to multi-task and easily adapt to current business trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who you are
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
What we provide
- Professional growth and development
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.