We're looking for people who want to put their passions to work.
Come live, play and breathe with us at Canada's golf superstore - a place where we do anything for golf.
Human Resources Business Partner - Retail
As a collaborative member of the HR team, the HR Business Partner will identify, design and implement HR programs and solutions aligning with Golf Town's overall strategic priorities. This position works closely with the HR department, internal stakeholders, resources and vendors to provide HR services to a region of Golf Town Retail stores.
What you will do
- Provide consultant services to Managers and Regional General Managers on people management issues.
- Communicates and partners with all associates regarding performance concerns, progressive counseling, work or work/life issues; policy issues; requests for information.
- Provide HR approval on all terminations occurring within the region, ensuring consistency of performance management practice, documentation and legislative requirements.
- Provide leadership on issues related to the company culture by ensuring HR policies and practices are designed to reinforce our culture and encourage appropriate behaviors by all employees.
- Visit the store and meet with field representatives to identify issues which may affect associate commitment & effectiveness
- Collect and prepare all data required for investigations to ensure legislative compliance.
- Advise on policy writing and required adjustments based on field observations and trends.
- Conduct Exit interviews and trend retention data.
HR Strategy and Organizational Development:
- Assist with the development, delivery and implementation of training programs to support operations and company growth.
- Develop policies, procedures and internal processes that ensure organizational effectiveness and support business goals
- Identify high risk areas of the business and partner with partner with management team as required to initiate various Human Performance Improvement (HPI) efforts
- Identify organizational HR Business needs, assist senior management with strategic planning and change management efforts; evaluate organizational performance effectiveness and identify areas for improvements to HR policy and internal processes as required
- Assist with additional HR Business projects as required
Disability & Leave Management:
- Plan, develop and implement claims management plans including facilitation and management of graduated return to work plans.
- Communicate with employees, and manager to manage claims, field questions and provide support through phone calls, emails and letters.
- Partner with the analyst to track leaves/ensuring the appropriate paperwork is being filed.
- For maternity/parental leaves send out appropriate letters and follow up with managers and associates
- Facilitate New Mother Transition conversations with associates and managers to educate on the Maternity/Parental Leave process - this would include exiting, re-entering the organization, performance review & merit implications.
- Serve as an advisor and coach. Work closely with business leaders to offer expert advice, guidance and counsel on organization effectiveness, including but not limited to employee engagement and change management
- Provide support and resources in the creation of development plans for associates and succession candidates on (including launch and utilization of education/tuition programs, mentorship program)
- Assist Store General Manager and Regional General Manager in managing recruitment partners
- Work with analyst to audit and balance payroll including resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Complies with federal, and provincial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
What you offer
- 5-8 years progressive HR experience in a multi-site organization within a cross functional team and multi-channel organizations
- Bilingual (French and English) is required
- Completion of CHRP designation and Knowledge of HR regulations, legislation and best practices.
- Exceptional communication skills with the capability to articulate vision and delegate expectations between internal customers and vendors.
- Proven ability to develop cross functional relationships and foster strategic partnerships with both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually, influence others, and balance hands-on execution
- University degree, preferably in human resources or business
Who you are
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
What we provide
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional growth and development
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.