This job posting is no longer active.
We're looking for people who want to put their passions to work.
Come live, play and breathe with us at Canada's golf superstore - a place where we do anything for golf.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the development and execution of assigned product class business strategy to maximize sales and profit in our store and web business. You will contribute to the business by utilizing strong leadership, buying, and planning skills.
Category Management : Develop and execute merchandising and marketing strategies for assigned product category in all distribution channels (Retail Stores & Web).
- Maximize profitability for category - sales, margin, inventory turn, GMROI etc.;
- Develop category merchandising strategy with Director of Purchasing that differentiates Golf Town from competition and meets/exceeds our annual metric goals;
- Create and optimize product assortments in all distribution channels;
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure all key items and strategies are communicated to our customer base
- Utilize private brands where applicable to maximize value and increase category profit;
- Define and implement category pricing and promotional strategy;
- Create and oversee special sales based activities (i.e. vendor contests, programs, events, etc.);
- Communicate category initiatives/issues internally and externally;
- Lead and direct cross-functional teams to execute special projects and category initiatives.
- Collaborate with SGM's, either by conference call or store visit, to ensure all product needs are addressed.
Vendor Management : Manage assortments, inventory, and finances for each vendor. Secure favourable product costs, sufficient supply and vendor funding to support strategic business goals.
- Foster positive relationships with vendor community to achieve strategic company goals;
- Constantly evaluate vendor performance and programs - negotiate vendor terms to meet profitability targets.
Inventory Management : Partner with Planners to ensure category meets/exceeds inventory, turn and GMROI goals.
- Collaborate with Inventory Planner to implement and manage supply chain initiatives to optimize performance metrics;
- Develop & execute the merchandise plan to achieve the current years targets with the help of the planning department.
- Plan and execute effective product life cycles - including negotiating vendor markdown monies, RTV's, etc.;
- Work with Inventory Planning Team to achieve key in-stock levels and turn goals.
Leadership and Staff Development : Lead, coach, develop, and empower Merchandising Analyst and Associate Buyer. Lead and direct cross-functional support team without direct authority.
What you offer
- Post-secondary education with a focus on merchandising, business or economics
- 5 -7 years progressive experience and well versed in brand/category management, procurement, contract negotiation and vendor management within the retail industry
- 3 - 5 years of managerial experience
- A proven passion for golf and knowledge of the game
- Ability to multi-task and easily adapt category strategy to current business climate
- Strong organizational, project leadership, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability.
Who you are
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
What we provide
- Professional growth and development
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process .